I am pleased to announce that a new version 3DRACS v1.6.0 has been released with many new interesting features for SL 3D scanning, point clouds rendering, noise filtering, accurate registration, surface reconstruction, merging, decimation, as well as it comes with lots of memory fixes, improvements, maximum speed and much more.
Please go to Menu->About->Check for Updates and upgrade to a new version.
Enjoy and have fun. 🙂
New features and changes in v1.6.0:
- Added batch import for meshes. Several meshes can be aligned/registered, triangulated, and filtered now.
- Added incremental registration for point clouds.
- Added 360deg scanning with multiple patches and auto-alignment/registration.
- Increased the scanning speed of structured-light 3D scanner.
- Added support of 3D PDF format by converting 3D mesh into U3D (pdf ready) file format.
- Added several noise/outliers/downsample filterers.
- Added feature preserved based Susan smoothing filter.
- Added fast 3D triangulate algorithm based on Greedy Projection.
- Added triangles removal filters based on Area or Edge Length or ID number.
- Fixed memory allocation issues. Now 10 million triangles can be easily rendered.
- Improved camera module by adding smoothing filters and RGB splitters.
- A large number of fixes and improvements.
- A lots of general UI changes.
A new video tutorial of 360 degree scanning with auto-registration using 3DRACS v1.6.0:
This video presents a tutorial of 360 scanning with auto-registration using 3DRACS v1.6.0. An object is scanned, aligned, and displayed in colors from various angles.
Watch and enjoy this new video tutorial.
Now 3D Objects can be embedded in a PDF using 3DRACS v1.6.0:
Now there is possibility of creating a (interactive 3D PDF ready) U3D output using 3DRACS v1.6.0, where users can rotate, pan, and zoom the object in a created 3D PDF.
A sample of Acrobat Reader displaying a 3D PDF with an embedded U3D model.
Download and test a 3D PDF from here:
Now 10 million triangles are loaded successfully in 3DRACS v1.6.0:
10,000,000 (10 million) triangles are loaded successfully in the new version of 3DRACS 1.6.0. Thai Statue model is provided by the Stanford 3D Scanning Repository.
New features for post-processing of point clouds:
New changes, GUI, and themes: